Thursday, November 20, 2008

Texture painting

This Tuesday I had more fun while doing art than I had in a long, long time. Imagine thick, thick texture paint, smearing it all over a board with your hands...creating texture and using the texture that emerge as your inspiriation for what this piece is going to become. You do not guide the texture, color and paint... it guids and leads you in it's own direction.

The color, the touch, the experiance... it was out of this world!

Mine is not finished yet. This Saturday hopefully me and my daughter are going to each try and finish a piece.

Suzanne Ally that tought the workshop's work is just amasing!

Here is one of her paintings:

You can find more of her work in her Etsy store.

4 comments:

Mel said...

oh wow! I can just imagine the fun of that...and the freedom...and the fabulous mystery of it as it paints itself...am looking forward to seeing this evolve...
Do you use white texture paint and then add the colour or does texture paint come in colours?

Karooart Designs said...

mel it's white texture paint that's been built up on the woodboard. Then you apply color....acrylics, watercolor, pastels....Susanne even includes beads and other findings into her paintings.

CB said...

Very beautiful. At times I feel that way when I am making polymer clay pendants, especially when I am simply layering colors on top of each other. I just let it go and see where it takes to me.

Periwinkle Studio said...

It is beautiful just the way it is! I can't wait to see more.....:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online